Saturday, March 8, 2008

Some Pics of the V-ball tourney

This is me and my sister gentry. This is after our first night playing. It is about 12:30 am and we stopped at a maverick to get some snacks.
This is me and jess being scared at my little sisters driving. (sidenote gen is a good driver. we were just messing around).
This is our contemplating faces. We are trying to think of the strategy that we needed to have during the tournament.
This is my team minus two players. From left to right is Tiffany (jess's college roommate), Gentry, Jess, Aimee (with my hair as her mustache) and then of course me.
This is one of the missing players in the last picture. Her name is Brooke and she is one sexy lady.
This is another lovely pic of some of the team. This is the second day of the tournament. The other player not pictured is Kim (she is another one of jess's college roommates). I am not sure why but I never got a picture of her.
And this is the reason we went to Maverick at 12:30 in the morning. Tiffany wanted Nachos. As you can see she really loves her Nachooooooooooooooooos. We played pretty good in the tournament. There were moments of frustration but we pulled through. There was a girl at the tournament that I played against in high school. She was from carbon. We beat her team during the tournament, which to me was the best part cause I didn't like her in high school, but I did talk to her for a little bit and she remembered me and she turned out to be a very nice person, which I knew she would be. We ended up in 3rd place after all was said and done. I didn't get any pictures of us playing cause I am a loser with my camera. Sorry!
**** On a side note George's throat is doing better but his kidney really hurts from the lithotripsy. Cross your fingers that at some point he will actually get better.

5 comments:

Me said...

Isn't it funny how you can not like someone that you don't even know...and then you find out they are really nice. It always makes me a little sad, because I secretly like that competitive dislike of the other team!!! Cute pictures of your team!

The Briggs Clan said...

My gosh it's been forever for poor George! I hope that he can make a recovery! Sick sucks! there really is no other way to say that! It's too bad he wasn't obese... This would have been the perfect time for a life change. lol. I hope all is going well and yes, I am still bitter I wasn't invited to play with you all! It looks like so much fun!

The Huntsman's said...

Brit, I got mine out my junior year and I so remember those scabs! I had to look at the picture and it was a trip down memory lane! I ate a Leo's hamburger the night I got them out, I was craving one so bad! Dont know how I pulled that one off but I got it down! Hope George gets feeling better poor guy!

Libby said...

I love that you guys are on a volleyball team. I bet it is so fun. I reminds me of college all over again. I was a total bench warmer on my high school volleyball team. All the girls who played were also on club teams and were so much better than me. oh well.

I still hate one girl from high school and I am pretty sure she still hates me. We have seen each other a couple times and we talk so nice to each other that you would never know we secretly were sending death daggers to each other. Ha. Such a girl thing to do.

I hope George is feeling better. What a rough time for the poor guy.

Anonymous said...

You guys look crazy! Looks like you had fun!