Now that the cat is finally out of the bag, I decided to get myself in gear and post about our exciting news on our blog. Yes I am Pregnant!!! Right now I am 4 months along. We have been trying since the middle of May. We took a pregnancy test on Sept. 25 , well actually I took the test early that morning and was so excited that it was positive that I ran out of the bathroom and into the kitchen looking for George, but he had already left for work. That put a little damper on my excitement. So I went to work without calling George because I wanted to share the news with him face to face. The work day ended and I got home before George and was sitting on the couch when he walked in the door. I had spent the entire day trying to figure out how I could tell him in a fun way. Well this is how I did it: I had taken a picture of the test on my cell phone. When George got home I started asking him what we should get our parents for Christmas because I wanted it to be something meaningful. George had no gift ideas. Well during our conversation I texted him the picture and when he opened the text I just sat there waiting for some type of response. I got too anxious to wait very long for him to figure it out, so I walked up to him and pointed at the picture and said, "I think we should get our parents that." It only took about 15 seconds after that for George to realize what he was looking at and he got a huge smile on his face and gave me a big hug. To celebrate we went out an ate.One thing that our baby has going for him or her is the variety of what features he or she will have.... brown hair, blond hair, red hair, green eyes, blue eyes, brown eyes (runs in the family). The unavoidable trait will be some freckles and pale skin. Here are some pictures of me and George when we were about 1 year old. I can't even begin to guess what our baby will look like. Too many possibilities.....

9 comments:
Very exciting - I also took a picture of my pregnancy test to show Jeff - funny.
Yay! Congrats that's wonderful! So when are you due?
Finally you blogged it! I know the fam party is this weekend, you must have told Kyle & Shannon already since your blogging. I really am so excited and proud that you kept it a secret as long as you did! see ya in 2 weeks. XOXO! When did you say your finding out?
Yay for you guys! Congratulations, you will be the best mom! I am excited to see another cute little baby around:). No volleyball then? When I was talking to Jess the other day I had a hunch something was up:). Way to go!
CONGRATS!! That is so exciting!! When is the big day? At least it will be before the heat hits in the summer, that will be nice! We can't wait to see what he/she looks like. I am putting my guess in that it will be a boy though! ---robyn
Congratulations! That's so exciting!
HEY!! Freckles and Pale skin aren't all bad. That is if your freckles cover alot of your pale skin. It is called sunscreen and hats. I happen to like my pale skin and freckles so I hope your baby has a lot of them. I am putting my guess in that it is a girl????
Congratulations!! I'm so excited for you guys! So when will you find out what you're having? Frankly, I'd be surprised if you haven't peeked already, coming from a family of ultrasound techs and all:) I can't wait! My guess is... Both, twins! The Hadley Quatro, has a nice ring to it;)
I am so excited for you two! Congratulations! You will be great parents and have so much fun with your little one.
Post a Comment