Monday, March 21, 2011

UGh! I am done

I am now 27 weeks along on my journey and I am done. The pathetic part is that I am not even that uncomfortable yet. Yes, I get back aches and I am starting to swell and at times I feel like my pelvis is coming apart, but that is not even bad. I just suck at waiting. I have no patience. I see a lot of people around me having their babies and people who are further along in their pregnancy's and I just want to stomp my feet and say,"Not fair." As you can tell I am not a fan of being pregnant. I love feeling the baby move and kick inside, but that is it. I feel huge and my face always gets so chubby. I literally look like I am having an allergic reaction to something. Sleeping is always a challenge. I toss and turn and toss and turn and then go to the bathroom. This cycle continues, of course, night after night. I am grateful to be pregnant, but man, can't pregnancy just last like 6 months. And the waiting to see if I can accomplish a vbac or if I will have to have a c-section again is another thing that is killing me. My doctor says I can try for a vbac, but I have to go into labor on my own. Now, if that starts inching towards 39 weeks my nonexistent patience will not be helpful. For those that don't remember I had to have a c-section because I wasn't progressing. So hopefully my body will be extra nice to me and just do what it was made to do- a lot of softening, stretching and dilating. Preferably at 38 weeks. Also this week I get to go to the lab and get checked for gestational diabetes. I am crossing my fingers that I am fine. I don't think that I could give myself shots. I hate needles. Anyways for those who made it through this post thanks for caring enough about me to disregard my selfish ranting and realize that pregnancy hormones make people crazy!!

4 comments:

Andrew & Gentry! said...

Yeah i can't wait to get pregnant thanks!

Larsen Lowdown said...

Good luck Britt! I HATE being pregnant so I know how you feel. It is the WORST! Sometimes ladies would tell me how much they love being prego and I would think "Are you NUTS!? What is WRONG with you!?". Good luck with everything and I hope time goes by fast for your sake. ---Robyn

Jill said...

I agree pregnancy is HARD! You are one tough cookie. If there is anything I can do let me know. You make cute babies!!

The Webb Family said...

oh Britt, hang in there, as you know it really is worth it in the end, but until then it does stink!! good luck girl!