Wednesday, February 20, 2008
Goodbye, Tonsils!
George had his tonsils taken out yesterday by Dr. Gardner. The surgery went very well. The doctor said that George's tonsils were pretty bad and that they had a lot of scar tissue on them. He also said that George's were the worst that he had seen that day. I don't think thats really an award anyone wants to have, but at least they are gone and hopefully george's health will be a lot better. George is doing okay. He hasn't been able to get much sleep. The pain pills he has takes some of the edge off of the pain, but George has a pretty high tolerance for pain medication. I took the day off yesterday of course and then I felt like I should stay home today also. I hope that George will start to feel better. We looked at his scabs last night and I have to say that they look very gross. His uvula is very swollen too. George says it makes him feel a choking sensation sometimes. I took a picture with my camera, but I don't think anyone really wants to see it. I will try to keep everyone updated on George's progress.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
I think you should go ahead and post the picture. It seems like something most people would be interested in. Come on, we all have that curious side to us.
I am glad to hear things are going okay so far. I hear that this is one of those surgeries that requires lots of gifts to speed up recovery.
P.S. I think you should loose the pink background on the blog. It makes it difficult to read the text.
Just in time for our visit! I hope your feeling a bit better by then. I know Britt will take good care of you though, it's too bad he does turn into a happy delirious patient with his meds. You could have had some real fun with that:) I think your blog is quite cute and I hate anonymous comments! I can't wait to see you guys on Friday! Be ready to party!
Brit- Tell George that I hope he heals soon. You are great wife to stay home and take care of him.
Good thing he has you to take care of him! I would love to see the photos, love the gory stuff!! Just remember chicken noodle soup and popsicles, at least that's what McCall ate when she had hers out.
Poor George--probably a good thing you stayed home for him, men really need to be babied! Hope he feels better soon, love the new background!
I hope he starts to feel better soon...that's SO awful to feel like that! Keep us updated and you'll have to show me the picture
Wow!! I hear that having your tonsils out as an adult is hard! Good luck and happy healing to George!
Post a Comment