Sunday, August 16, 2009

Gravel, work, and a little bit of Avery!!!!!!!!

This weekend we were fortunate enough to get one step closer to actually having a yard. When we asked people to come help spread the gravel they were very responsive. We had several people willing show up, making the task much easier. We just wanted to thank everyone for the help. We cannot thank you guys enough. We had two friends that were able to bring tractors. The rest brought shovels, rakes, and a willingness to work. You saved us hours and even days worth of work. Once we got going it took less than two hours to get 37 tons of gravel down and spread. Holy cow!!!!!!!! I know.

Below are of course a few pictures of our little Avery. We love her so much and cannot believe how big she is getting. We cannot wait to see how she develops but are also sad to see her grow.

After the pictures of Avery are some pictures of the rock spreading job (live and in action).

THANKS AGAIN!!! EVERYONE

Not to sure about this boppy seat thing.

I guess maybe this thing is alright. I can still see the TV.

I love hanging out after a nice warm bath.

Mom is definitely happier about this thing than I am.

I can chill with the best of them.
boooooooooooo!!!!!!!

My first inury that made me bleed. Thanks mom, my nails are short enough.
I'm ok though, no worries.
Gravel going through the big gate into our backyard.
Brock showing off his tractor skills for us.
Pure enjoyment here, can't you tell.
Everyone taking a breather, the work is getting close to being done.
Looking into the side backyard. Thats a lot of gravel.

The big cylinder pipe is going to be a drinking fountain. The pipe was compliments of all the construction going on around here. I found a broken pipe and cut out the good part.
Getting down to the nubbins on the gravel. We are now shoveling it into the tractor bucket (so we don't break the concrete).
John Mahi III doing what he does best
That hair is getting a little crazy dude.
Keep up the good work.
The front of the yard in front of the big gate.
Gravel being put around the sandbox.
The other side of the yard. The sandbox is behind this wall.
The head poking over the fence is Dan. He tries his best to be in every picture.

Brian and Derek waiting for Tyler to finish dropping a load so they can spread it out.
Here is Dan again. He is very happy to be here.
The front of the yard finished.
The black things in the gravel are for the drip system once we get all the foliage in.
The uncovered dirt is where the grass goes.
Finished area around the sandbox.
The gravel pile is getting extremely small.
Brock thanks for bringing the tractor.

Conner even came to help. Thanks bud........
Gettin that gravel spread.
Tyler was also nice enough to bring his tractor. Thanks.
Us getting started. Got to get that plastic liner down.

2 comments:

Aimee & Brennen Fuller said...

I must admit, Avery looked super adorable in that outfit. Some awesome friend must have found it for her!! ;) ha ha ha. But in all seriousness, she is super adorable and would make any outfit that much cuter. She is getting so big! When am I ever going to meet her? The yard looks awesome and I love the sandbox.

Kristen said...

What a great group of helpers. Your yard looks really nice. Way to plane everything with a sandbox and drinking fountain. Avery is as cute as ever and will be the popular friend in the neighbor hood with the aweseom back yard.