Monday, December 14, 2009

Grandma Riding

The past couple of weeks have been pretty busy for our little family. My Grandma Riding passed away on December3rd from two aneurysms in her iliac arteries that ruptured. We went to Delta for her funeral. I am going to miss her so much. She was such a genuine and compassionate person. I was lucky to grow up about a block away from her house. When I would have trouble with my homework, I would go up there and she would help me. She always showed her love for everyone. I had a chance to talk to her a couple days before she passed and it was such a privlege. We both got to say the things that we wanted to say. Not very many people get that chance before a loved one passes away. It was a very heartbreaking experience to watch my Grandpa. It was horrible when he had to say goodbye to my Grandma before the closing of the casket. He was sobbing and I'm pretty sure everyone else in the room was too. The funeral was good though, all ten of the kids got a chance to talk about their mom.

About three weeks ago, we had a leak in our main water line to our house so we had to have a plumber cut a good chunk of concrete out of our garage and then replace the pipe due to the fact that it was crushed (which is how it was put in) and that it was the wrong type of pipe to use (which is a reminder to all to not let your "friends" do important work on your house). So that has cost quite a bit of money and we haven't even poured the concrete yet.

Now on to happier times. Avery has developed her army crawl. If there is something across the room that she wants then she gets it. She loves her baby food and baby biscuits. She sits up on her own for long periods of time. Avery's new talented is spitting. She will blow rasberries and spit goes everywhere and it is the cutest thing ever. She weighs 15.7 lbs and is 26.75 inches tall. She loves to bounce in her exersaucer. We have so much fun with Avery.

No comments: