Saturday, June 26, 2010

A Gazebo, A Night out w/friends, And Our Little Avery.

Gazebo Time!!!!!!!

We recently Started building a gazebo in our back yard. We had one with a cloth top but the wind kept blowing it around and finally ruined it. We decided to go ahead and build something a little more permanent this go around.

One the first day of building this wonderful little hail storm made its way through the small town of Hurricane, UT. Mind you its June in the middle of a desert. Just a little abnormal to say the least.

Awesome

Side View, After the 1st day of building.

Side note: check out how nice our grass is starting to look.


The day our garage door got installed. You might now be asking yourself, "a garage door? why a garage door, I thought it was a gazebo." Its true, it is a gazebo. But its an upgraded version.

George gets ideas in his head and sometimes he feels its best to go ahead and try it, just to see what happens. Behind the garage door is a little 3 foot room. this room will eventually contain some cabinets to hold electronic equipment, a tv screen for the projector, maybe a small fridge, and who know what else. George wants to be able to be outside, watch tv, and sit by the fire all at the same time. The garage door is there so things can be locked up and also protected from the weather. It all makes perfect sense now, right!

Note: that thing in front of the gazebo is our fire pit (just in case you were wondering).

Today we put up trusses. So far so good.

The trusses on with the garage door up.

The trusses on with the garage door down



Avery Pictures
Some pictures of Avery doing things around the house because hey, that's mostly who we take pictures of.

Avery got some balloons for her birthday. Dad decided to make them float across the room with Avery's elephant car.

I guess he should have waited for her to get out of the way. Not an excited little girl right now.


After the balloons "attacked" her she was a little nervous about touching them.

Dad still trying to convince her that they are fun and NOT scary.

Ah man, that was a stupid thing to do...I hope nobody saw me.

Hey what are you eating? I want some.

I guess I can push this thing around for a second. It will make em feel like they got me a toy I actually wanted.

Ah ha something I shouldn't have and nobody is paying attention.

Rarrrr!!!!!!!!!! Did I scare you?

Aaaaaeeeee everybody. How you doin?

Me and my mom hangin out.

What are you talking about? I didn't do anything.

Well...I guess I shouldn't have plugged the keys into those holes in the wall.

Geez, my dad sure does make a good climbing wall.

Hey my momma is home from work. Check out the pony tail on top of my head. I know, they go in the back. Its the only place I have enough hair.



Our St. George Vacation

A couple weeks ago we were able to spend a night at a time share with some friends. It was in St. George which sounds kind of weird since we didn't really go anywhere. It was actually really fun and when the time came to go home, it was a quick drive.

Bath time is the greatest. Avery getting her bath on after an evening of swimming. She did a lot better this time (it was her second time swimming). We were actually successful in getting her to sit in her little floater tube. Huge improvement.

Hey mom, I got a drink all by myself.

Hey dad, why are you upside down? Hey...why is my head starting to hurt?

Dan's Little one, Happy as can be.

George talking to his long lost son...sssshhhhh...Dan thinks its his.

Come on Dan, share already...I'm being good.
You gave some to that red haired kid.

1 comment:

David Fife said...

I am such a slacker, your baby is one, you are adding a gazibo...and I have not even seen your baby yet, or your house. I am seriously SUCH a back friend, Ia m so sorry!

Cassie