Thursday, June 3, 2010

I Won!!! I Won!!!

I have never won a contest in my entire life. I mean, yeah I played sports and yeah I won some games, but I am talking about contests. I have had a goal to win something from any radio station in southern utah. Some may say," Wow, that is lame." To those people I say, "Hey, everyone feels good when they win something so just let me have my dream." I have come close to winning over the last couple years. One year I was able to go to a car dealership and put a CD into a car and see if I had picked the grand prize, which was a Bedroom set. That was a bummer because all I got was a lousy,overly large t-shirt, which now resides in the DI. The next time I tried to win the "12 days of Christmas" from The Planet. The contest lasted for, of course, you guessed it 12 days. Everyday they had something new to give away but they also included the prizes of the previous days so by day 12 you got 12 awesome prizes. The catch was that you had to name the sponsors and what day they were. I got obsessed with this contest. I was so prepared the last day of the contest. I had my list and I had 6 of my co-workers call in with me ( don't worry we were all on a break). None of us could get through except for my co-worker Joe. Unfortunately, they never answered his phone call. Next came Travis Tritt tickets. I knew that with my luck I probably wasn't going to win so I went and bought tickets for me and Jess. I got 10th row tickets so I waited until they started giving away rows 9 through 1, of course. That didn't pan out either. So as much as I wanted to win a contest or answer a trivia question I had began to give up hope. It is really hard to get through to a radio station. Well, lady luck was with me today, because ladies and gentlemen I finally won something. I called in to Kickin' Kountry in cedar and correctly guessed what movie scene the DJ's were acting out. It was from "The Wedding Singer". Sadly I did not get to hear myself on the radio but hey a win is a win and I am happy with that. So now to reveal what I won..............a $15 dollar gift card to GOLDEN SPOON YOGURT. SWEET, YUMMY YOGURT . Hey I think I am going to get some toppings!

3 comments:

Andrew & Gentry! said...

Congrats!! You will have to try and win another one for me!!! I love that place!

Jill said...

That is awesome! You are a winner, wahoo! I feel the same way about winning it just makes you feel great!

Jill said...
This comment has been removed by the author.