Monday, June 11, 2012

Welcome Home Elder Mecham


Chase came home from his mission to England on June 11th.  We were at the Salt Lake Airport to meet him with lots of hugs.

The crowd of eager family members except the guy in the kilt.  He is NO relation of ours


Elder Mecham coming down the escalator

He was slightly embarrassed and turned his head away from us.

He had a big smile on his face and it sure was red.


Mom got the first hug

Then to our surprise Avery runs up to him for a hug.

I get my hug in second

Chase is such a good Uncle.  I am excited that he is back and my girls can get to know him

Then Dad gets to get a hug. 

There may have been some tears from the father, but Chase did not shed one tear.  He is definitely not like Jordan

The super happy mom to have her baby home


Avery would barely leave his side.  She made him ride with us to the restaurant.



Chase brought a lovely array of snacks home.  I didn't taste anything that I didn't like



Already back to the computer and his cell phone.

Someone was tuckered out from the long weekend

My parents worked really hard to redo the yard before Chase got home.  They did an awesome job.


Tay's favorite spot.



We surprised my Grandpa Mecham at Genola Days.  He was the Grand Marshal of the parade.  He didn't know Chase was coming home early.  Chase had to come back early because he had to have surgery on his ear to remove a benign bony cyst in his right ear. The surgery went well and he is recovering amazingly fast.



Avery is swinging on the same swing that I did when we would visit my grandparents when I was little.


My Grandpa bought a golf cart after his heart surgery so that he could get around easier.  We had fun driving it around.

1 comment:

Kourtney said...

I was looking at all the candy bars, most of them you can get in Canada too! Funny!