Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Stone Stone go away don't come back another day

Well there has been a little hiccup in George's recovery time from his tonsil surgery. Yesterday I was getting ready for work and George came into the bathroom looking like he was in a lot of pain. I figured that it was just his throat. I walked out of the bathroom and into the bedroom. George followed behind me and told me that he thinks he had a kidney stone and needed to go to the hospital. At first we were just going to go to the Health Center in Hurricane and have Donna scan him, but he was in too much pain. So we ended up driving into the hospital and George got a CT scan. We found 3 kidney stones in the left side. One was obstructing his ureter and causing all the pain. We then went to the ER and got registered and admitted. They gave George some awesome drugs, which helped with his kidney pain and the pain in his throat. We found out that George is going to have lithotripsy done tomorrow on the 5th. This surgery consists of the doctor going into the ureter and blasting the kidney stone so that it can pass. This surgery requires George to be put under sedation and intubated. I feel so bad that he is going through all of this. He was hoping for a nice recovery and a small vacation, but that has not happened. His surgery happens tomorrow afternoon. Right now he is on a liquid diet in preparation for his surgery. Everybody please keep him in your thoughts and prayers. I will let you all know how it goes.

4 comments:

Chelsea Johnson said...

I seriously feel horrible for him! Hopefully all will go well for him. Ward basketball can be pretty brutal! Glad you're okay, though!

Anonymous said...

Brit
I hope George gets better soon!! I'm so sorry he has to go through all this! You guys are definately in my prayers.

Susanna said...

Get Well soon George! That really sounds awful, I hope you can have a 'speedier' recovery! It was good to see you guys :)
Suz

Rowley Chatter! said...

That really sucks for George!! I have had 3 kidney stones and I NEVER want to have another one, they are sooooo dang painful!! I had to have surgery to get one of them out while I was prego. man that sucks!! Hope he gets feeling better! ---robyn