Saturday, September 6, 2008

Fun Weekend

From left to right: Jess, Uncle Shane, Brooklyn, Camille, and my mom. They were in the kitchen preparing some of the other delicious food we had on Sunday.
George and Josh cooking some awesome chicken and steaks for our sunday dinner.
Me and my Mom. I had another picture of us with my mom smiling but it is blurry.
My mom and Jess.
My dad playing with Kenny and Connor.

Last friday my mom, dad, my aunt Camille, my uncle Shane, Gentry and my cousin Brooklyn came to Hurricane to visit, well, and to watch my little brother Chase play in a football game on saturday. Delta played Goble which is a team from arizona. Delta beat them 31-12. It was fun to watch my little brother, who is a senior this year, play football. He weighs 220 and he is 6'0 at least. I can't believe it. I still remember him as a little kid who got new sandals that made him run faster and then he had to show us just how fast that was. He has always had freckles and blond hair with eyebrows that were also so blond that they are practically non-existent. Chase is so sweet and kind in nature. He would do anything for anyone. We always have to hug when we see each other. I still can't believe he will be graduating high school this year and then he will be going on a mission. It almost gets me crying. Unfortunately I didn't get any pictures of him that weekend because lame- oh- me forgot my camera and we only saw him saturday after his game for maybe 5 minutes before he had to get on the bus back to Delta. It was great to have my family visit for the weekend. I love that I have a house that people can stay at. George upgraded our guest room with the little white tv he got at the garage sale. He dropped some wires down our wall so that he could put cable and a plug in the closet where the tv sits on one of the shelves. Oh and on sunday I got a new calling to be the Sunbeam teacher in primary. I am excited and a little nervous. I will be teaching 3 year olds which hopefully won't be too bad. That is Kendry's age so I think that I can handle it. If not george can come in and help me. He is good with kids that age. Kendry is in love with him and has to play with him anytime they come over or if we go over to her house.

6 comments:

Jess's Journey to the Land Of Skinny said...

It was a great weekend! Thanks for letting us hang out at your house and raid your pantry!

David Fife said...

I can't wait to see your house sometime. I will make it I promise :) I am glad you had a great weekend!

Cassie

The Briggs Clan said...

you know it's not fair for you to post things about my family! I hate seeing all the fun I am missing out on! I can't wait to be in the same time zone again! It will happen! I can't stand to be un-included!

Aimee & Brennen Fuller said...

Totally jealous of all the family fun. Good luck with your Sunbeams, you'll do most amazing because you are just a natural with kids. Let me know Tuesday all the "gory" details of 3 year olds!

Anonymous said...

I totally rememebr chase and his sandals that made him run fast. When I read that I started to laugh out loud and I am in the school libary. Then when you said how cute he is and how is just growing up so fast and will soon be going on a mission I almost started crying too. That was a fun weekend. Thanks for letting me stay over and for staying during the summer! We have an awesome family!

Unknown said...

Great times! I so wanted to go and watch that game, but alas, I was called into work. Sounds like it was a good one. I know what you mean about the little brother growing up. Wes is putting his papers in this week for his mission. He still talks about your Dad teaching Missionary Prep. Where has all the time gone. These boys arn't supposed to be this big!