George doesn't work on Mondays. He usually does odd jobs around the house that are on his "To Do List". Well last Monday he was riding his bike to a store to buy a new strap for one of his
pedals and on the way there he spots a yard sale where everything is free, so I guess it was more of a yard give away. How could he resist? Decision made George pedals home and drives our explorer back over to the yard sale and grabs quite a few treasures (george's word not mine). Later that night when I got home from work he decided to show me his treasures. He was very excited about what he had found and he was hoping that I would be just as excited. I am just going to list everything that he got and you be the judge if I should have been excited. Okay here is the list: a big tv, a small white tv, three sets of speakers, a big bag that you put on your car to carry luggage and things when you travel, 3 out of style vanity lights (1 gold and 2 silver), 2 pairs of white track lighting (missing a couple pieces), a box with tubes of tar for his brother Steve to use on his roof, a old cracked red jug ( that was the first thing to go), a stud finder, a screwdriver, a wire stripper, 2 metal shelf supporters, a sprinkler, a soaker hose, 2 calculators, thermal tin foil blanket, and to top it all of if you look closely at the pictures you will see a white eraser board that says yard sale on it. Yep, you guessed it George took that too. He wasn't quite sure if that was free but no one stopped him from taking it so we are now the proud owners. Man, I love my husband :) Unfortunately, by the time I found my camera and took pictures we had already thrown most of the stuff away.
9 comments:
I am laughing so hard reading this! How long did it take his to load his spoils? Man he took anything that might have purpose didn't he! One mans trash is... anothers. :)
Hey remember my little white TV we watched movies on in our room? It was great! don't knock it! What a hunter! I'm proud, but I think i would've thrown most of it away too!
That is kinda funny!! Hey, 2 things: 1. I found out V-ball sign-up start sometime in Sept I think and 2. Ummm.... do you maybe want to do a One Tree Hill night for the Season premier on Sept. 1st. Let me know!!
Cassie
HA - sounds just like his daddy!!
What would we do without our husbands to liven up our lives? Seriously...what was he thinking? Oh I love it and I exicted to see ya tomorrow!
Too funny. I am amazed that all that fit. At least he showed you and didn't save it for christmas ;)
Too funny! I must say not everyone would discover such a find. George must have definately lucked out.
http://www.sgcity.org/recreation/activetourn_vb.php
IF you are interested in playing this year, let me know and we can think about it. I haven't really thought too much about it, and thought I would ask you first. Let me know
Cassie
That is too funny! So, when I came and dropped off some bread and cookies for Jared's birthday in July, I told you I was going to sell bags, well I have quite a few and have decided to use a blog to help me advertise. I have the cutest diaper bags ever!
Post a Comment