Wednesday, November 28, 2007

A Bunch of Holiday Fun a Little Bit of Closet Work!!!


























On Saturday me and george drove to Delta and built my parents new closets. This is the Christmas gift that all of the kids are getting for my parents. We started at 12pm after my parents had left to go up to provo to do the temple work for my Uncle Fred. They had no clue we were even there. We finished up about 7:30 pm and cleaned up everything. We thought that they were going to be home in about an hour, but that was not to be. We waited another hour and no parents. I put their phone in their room just incase I had to call them to get them into their room. We decided to take a shower and we had almost fell asleep when we heard my parents come in. Me and george just stood at the top of the stairs. I called their phone and my dad when to get it. I hung up when he answered the phone and then I heard " Marcia you better get in here." My mom runs into her room and said" Oh my gosh, these look like George closets." Then they come up the stairs thinking that we had done the closets up stairs, which unfortunately for them we hadn't. ( sorry again mom and dad) Needless to say my parents loved them and my mom had tears in her eyes. She of course told this story at relief society the next day during the good news minute.




















Kenny, Connor and my sis, gen enjoying some R and R.
















Here is the princess in one of the four princess outfits she got. She also got six pairs of princess shoes from me and George. She had a fun time running around my house taking and putting on a different dress every 5 minutes and then new shoes to match.




















Here is my precious georgie (that what kenny calls him) with his best little princess friend. Kendry loves to play with george. She always asks where he is when I go over to Jess's by myself.
















The Amazing Gingerbread Houses!!
Kendy's, Gentry's, Mine, and Jessica's (which my mom decorated cause jess was working)















Me helping Kenny open her gifts. Everyone enjoyed watching Kenny open her presents.
















My little Princess! Isn't he just adorable. ( george was nice enough to get into the spirit of kenny's princess birthday party- don't ask me why she had a Elmo cake?)






















For Thanksgiving my family came to my new house. It was a lot of fun. I always enjoy spending time with my family. We also celebrated Kendry's 3rd birthday and made some sweet Christmas gingerbread houses. My mom decorated Kendry's cake. I know, I know she is awesome, but I definately do not have her skills. You will see that on my gingerbread house. I won't post to many pictures cause I know that Jess wants to put some on her blog too. I hope you enjoyed my longest post ever.

5 comments:

Mandy said...

The closets look awesome. I wish mine looked that good. Mainly I wish they were that clean. I love the princess dresses. I bought the same ones for Ashten for Christmas. Hopefully she likes them as much.

Chelsea Johnson said...

I love the closest! The birthday party looks like it was a big hit! That is adorable that McKendry loves George--he looks like he's going to be such a cute daddy! Sounds like your holiday was so much fun!

The Briggs Clan said...

I figured I needed to comment this time because you are so good at always leaving your mark! I can't wait to see your house! I am so excited for you guys. I miss you two. I am mad that was moved just when it was getting more fun and often. I can't wait to see you. I still nave no clue when that will be. I am 99 % sure we wont be there for Christmas! I hate that too. I love Christmas' in Delta!

Libby said...

That is an awesome story about your mom and dad! And your mom is amazing at decorating cakes. I might need to hire her!

Anonymous said...

Britt

Sounds like a fun holiday weekend. Wow that is such a great Christmas present for your parents! You guys are awsome. It is so fun to be suprised, especially with something that someone else worked so hard on!
I love the pictures, especially Princess George.